life is

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Rabbits are Chortling Again!

Guess what! Today I met with the Market Master at City Market in downtown Kansas City. She looked at all the things I want to sell at the market and okayed them all, even my book, Fantastical tales for the Heroine's Quest. I am so excited!
I plan to set up shop there once or twice a month so that I can stay true to my mission statement of keeping the business fun and organic with the rest of my life. I can hardly wait! I m now inspired to make more things to sell. She loved my mini heroine's. They are adorable. I suppose I should put them on Etsy, too. I have the Heroine of Frightening Beauty, the Heroine of Strange but Likeable Things, and many more. I think I shall make more articulated paper dolls, too. They are much fun. The Market Master also liked my Magic Mushroom bags and Cupcake bags. She seemed impressed by my coloring book Herspectives and Walk Like a Goddess. I am very optimistic about the future.
Today, after the most excellent meeting I went to the Johnson County Library Sale and got this fun book on making puppets for only one dollar!


Puppets Around the World (Discover Other Cultures) by Meryl DoneyCan't beat that. I also got


The Midnight Disease: The Drive to Write, Writer's Block, and the Creative Brain by Alice Weaver Flaherty which focuses on compulsive creativity. I read it long ago, borrowed from the library and though I loved it , it was too expensive to buy. I promised myself if I ever saw it on super sale I would get it and here it was for, you guessed it, a dollar!
You, my faithful reader, will also be glad to know I have sent out one short story submission and four poems. The Velvetine rabbits are chortling with delight.

No comments: