life is

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lest We Forget Heaven

The great news is that my poem, Betwixt and Between has just been published at Salomemagazine.com Yea! It is one of the poems I submitted just last week. Isn't that incredible? So shall I send out more poems? Yes!
I wrote a beautiful poem today. It actually made me cry. Never before has something I wrote myself made me cry. Maybe the poem didn't come from me but was inspired from -well, who can say? I began this poem at the funeral of a good friend's father but only liked the first stanza. Today, thinking of a friend who just lost her son I rewrote the rest of it. I hope you like it:

Lest we forget Heaven while on earth,
God brings us death to shorten the path.

Sorrow and grief spilling crazy like weeds,
Tears falling with no rainbow's relief.
It is times like these we look to Heaven,
Calling our love out loud...
Where is he...where is she?
And the only answer received is
Faith in God.

Is faith enough? Will faith laugh with us over dinner
Or give us a goodnight hug?
Will faith tell us secrets so that we relax well loved?
Only time will tell and it will tell it best
Remembering Heaven instead of death.


I suppose that is all I have to say today. I trust it is enough.

No comments: