life is

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Where to Begin When we Begin Again

I say we but it is really only me beginning again-nothing momentous but just returning to a blog state of mind. Writing a blog is thinking out loud with mindfulness. Today I am mainly thinking of being tired.
I only slept six hours last night because as I was trying to slip into dreamland, pondering my mood, the words "I m under a blue moon" came to me. Certainly sounded like the beginning of poem but my rule is, I don't actually reach for pen and paper until at least 4-6 lines fall into place. Well, they fell into place easily enough but the next 30 lines took more work. It wasn't until midnight that the last line finally gelled.
I am very sorry to tell you, though, that this is not a poem I will share on here as it is not a good poem strictly speaking. It wasn't created to be. It was created, instead as a way for me to process my mood and to sort through the life circumstances that led to my mood. This was the second poem of this sort I have written. Both are phenomenal in that both were transformational in a way I never knew a poem to be. Both resulted in insights that I do not think I would have come to otherwise.
In future blogs I will tell you more about these poems but right now I want to give them a name to set them apart from non-therapy poems, though all poems have some therapeutic value. Any ideas re welcome...therapoetry? Yawn! Maybe I will sleep on it.

No comments: