life is

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Creativity News

I have been reading The Power of Story: Rewrite Your Destiny in Business and in Life by Jim Loehr . Great book. It is about increasing awareness of the story you tell about your life and changing it. I felt I needed this as I get so internally pressured regarding my small business, Annie Razz Enterprises that I would procrastinate, feel guilty and then do things with a giant push, not always doing it as well as I could because the goal was to just Do It, as if the doing it was the goal rather than the task at hand. The book helped me recognise that what I really want is not to create a business but to bring my little creations to the world and hopefully have the world respond in a positive way. I reworked my mission statement and this is the new one:
"To be creative and magical and to have fun in all parts of my life and especially in giving life to velveteen rabbits (the metaphor I give to my creations). To do this is to brighten my soul's light, growing my soul on earth to more glorify and know God"
My new story is to have fun as I take steps, to enjoy the steps and not to be afraid of them. For the steps to be fun they have to grow organically out of the rest of my life. They need to mostly reflect the creative and magical qualities I value. In this way I will create my small buisness creatively and magically.
I have learned to make better photos for my items on sale at AnnieRazz.etsy.com, I have started this blog and just today I talked to the lady at City Market here in KCMO and have a meeting with her in early June! This means I should be soon selling my crafts at the City Market. I' m so excited. And it all comes so much easier now without the pressure, guilt or terror. Check out the link at the bottom of the page to see my Etsy shop!
Great news for the velveteen rabbits!

No comments: