life is

Friday, May 23, 2008

Grey's Anatomy and Story

The Grey's Anatomy finale was awesome! I can't help but think the ending scenes were even better due to the soundtrack-so romantic! And what I liked is that the premise of the whole show was changing your story. Callie changed her story and followed her truest leanings when she kissed Erica. Meredith changed her story as she looked at her past and realized the legacy to carry on with from her mother was not to choose death and be an extraordinary surgeon but to be extraordinary in her personal life so she chose differently than her mother. She changed her story to make room for love and trust. Christina changed her story from being a victim to energizing her passion on her own terms rather than waiting for someone else to give her what she wanted. And George changed his story to also not be a victim accepting losing but to take the risk to ask for more. So timely. My story is changing in that I am much happier and less stressed as I move ahead with my creative goals in a fun way and attend to daily life demands findng the quiet joy in them.
Speaking to which; today I see my mother. Who knows what will happen with her. I am reminded of my book, Fantastical Tales for the Heroine's Quest; "When we live our lives as an adventure , we create stories that illustrate who we are." Here is a poem I wrote about Mom. The address has been changed to protect the innocent. Lol.

231 West 91st Terrace
You might think it’s a circus or where the fair is
You never know what you will find
Because my Mom lives there and she’s losing her mind!
Where are the checks? Have the bills been paid?
What’s for dinner? Have the waffles been made?
Is there any food for the dog or the cat?
It’s 80 degrees, crank up the thermostat!
The curtains that were hung at the window with care
Now cannot be found anywhere!
And who is the owner of all this underwear?
There is too much fruit and not one banana,
Where is the car- just ask Hannah!
Why is the backyard dark at night?
Get out the extension cord –let’s have light!
Whose hungry for nutty bars! Who wants tater tots?
Mom’s got a hammer- watch out flower pots!
Where are the scissors to cut the lawn?
Why is my son not home yet? Is he really gone?
Why do people keep traipsing through
All asking for dinner and eating snacks, too?
Mom gets fed up , decides to leave in her car
But since she doesn’t have one she never gets far.
This goes on every night and day!
But who cares it’s the new crazy way!
And in the end when all is said and done
It’s always fun at 231.

No comments: